Sometime back I did a post on 50 Things to do Before Graduating. Now that I’m actually graduating, let’s check what my score is.😀
Feed the campus wildlife – My campus doesn’t have any more wildlife than a few dogs and cats!
2. Have an epic karaoke night at your house using just YouTube, booze, and your natural star quality
3. Go on a date with someone you would normally say no to – give them a chance
4. Hand in an essay early
5. Busk on campus for a charity (even if you have zero talent)
6. Teach someone something
7. Read a book that isn’t study-related
8. Hire a bike for a week and see how it works out for you – Hire a bike? I Own one!
9. Study in every library that exists at your university (like you’re ‘on tour’ – but studying) –Only one, hah!
10. Drive to a beach. Swim. (If your uni is miles away from the coast, you’ll just have to stay over) – I just did that in my last vacation! Yay! Didn’t go from the uni though.
11. Make your own booze
12. Go to a university sports team’s game. Get vocal and animated with your support.
13. Have an incredibly elaborate picnic on a uni green space one lunch time
14. Sit in on a lecture that’s completely out of your field, but that you’ve always been fascinated by – Done that! Went to a lecture my friend had to attend – she’s in MED SCHOOL!
15. Join a society for something you’ve always wanted to do, but never got round to
16. Apply for internships and jobs
17. Turn up at a 9 am lecture along with all the other students dressed in your PJs and dressing gowns – I turned up for a class in pajamas once, only to find out that I had no class that day. T.T
18. Go to the careers office and speak to them completely honestly – whatever your thoughts and fears, loves and hates…
19. Go on a weekend country jaunt with friends – get as remote as possible
20. Start a conga at a big union night. See how long you can get it, before leading it as far from the music as possible (if you can get it to a house party or another club night, you can officially retire from doing stuff. Your work here is done)
21. Go and see the art departments’ end of year shows
22. Go to a play put on by the drama department or a uni society
23. Get involved in a play or some kind of performance (e.g. fashion show, etc.)
24. Visit all historical building and monuments in your town (including churches)
25. Go out sober and dance all night (at least once, repeat as required) – Happened once when they refused to give me the Not Underage tag because I looked to young to pass of as one. T.T
26. Swim in a fountain (campus if possible, town will do)
27. Go paddling on a hot day
28. Hold your own Come Dine With Me with other student houses
29. Take part in a protest
30. Write in to the uni radio station or newspaper
31. Dress up! As a fictional character, an animal – anything
32. If you think a lecture was particularly good, try and instigate a standing ovation
33. Do something – anything! – silly, for charity – I thought it was silly but I had to do it anyway, cuz I was volunteering with a charity organization.
34. Give your parents a in depth tour of all the great stuff you do and love at University (It’ll make for an amazing trip for them, and make them feel happy whenever they think of you at uni)
35. Have a sleepover
36. Play an elaborate prank on a housemate
37. Win a pub quiz (whatever it takes)
38. Make a kite and fly it
39. Have an 80s montage house cleaning session, with appropriate outfits and music blaring
40. Go on a blind date
41. Find out the names of all those people you know far too well to not know their names
42. Dye your hair
43. Sleep out under the stars
44. Make a movie starring your friends and your favourite places
45. Celebrate something by doing the classic shake up a bottle of champagne and spraying it all over yourself and everywhere (or at least do it with sparkling wine..!)
46. Make friends with a student from a country you’ve never known someone from or been to before
47. Go inside (and have a little explore of) every building that is part of the university
48. Become a wise mentor for a Fresher doing your course. Tell them what you wish you’d known
49. Learn a new sport or instrument or activity that you never thought you would – ‘Twas yoga for me!
50. Get loads of discounts, free things and cool stuff by joining the UK’s largest student money saving club studentbeans.com, of course! – I don’t live in the UK
29 out of 50 is my score! Hmm, 11 new things done since then.